Monday, February 20, 2012

How I am investing in myself....

There are many small ways that i feel i am making an investment in myself that will hopefully benefit me in the future. Since my career path is toward the creative side of advertising, i feel that its important to grasp as many different forms of creativity and views of creativity to create an open mind. So, this last year i picked up photography as a class/hobby. Not anything like taking a picture on my phone and using Instagram kind of photography, but a black and white 35mm film camera photography. At first i found it challenging to depict emotions or feelings through a lens when I'm so used to drawing but it has really pushed me to see different things, even such ordinary things in a different light. I think it really has expanded my knowledge and appreciation for different forms of creativity. Starting this new hobby has given me that extra push to get out and try new things that i wouldn't have even tried before. It showed me how important it is to always keep expanding and growing... you never know what you actually like until you try it.






No comments:

Post a Comment